Thank you for your interest in Pinnacle Bank Arena, an ASM Global-managed facility. ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Amy Tipton, Human Resources Manager, at 402.904.5635 or email [email protected].
Building Security Guard
JOB TITLE: Building Security Guard
REPORTS TO: Security Manager
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Building Security Guard. This position under general supervision of the Security Manager patrols assigned areas and protects patrons and property. This position works 12:00am (midnight) to 8:00am Sundays meaning you arrive around 11:30pm on Saturday night and work until 8:00am Sunday morning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to security office and/or off the premises.
- Write incident reports and meet with security manager to review procedures.
- Inspect alarms and fire extinguishers/sprinkler systems to ascertain they are set to operate. Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Tour facility, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations -- answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Document all shipping and receiving.
- Keep record of all keys and other facility equipment that are signed out.
- Work part-time extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to pass background and credit check.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility, lifting 50 pounds, extensive walking to patrol all parts of building including all stairwells, climbing and moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, Gator, pallet jacks, forklifts, genie lifts, carts fire extinguishers or other light power driven equipment.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment including copier and fax machine.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Security experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual is beneficial.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required and must be 19 years of age or older.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position
ASM Global participates in E-Verify
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This position requires selected candidate to pass background and credit check.
Closed: When filled
JOB TITLE: Janitor
LOCATION: Pinnacle Bank Arena, Pinewood Bowl
REPORTS TO: Environmental Services Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, responsible for cleaning and waste/trash disposal of an assigned area. Maintain all areas inside and outside of the building including but not limited to restrooms, hallways, arena attic, locker room, sidewalks, parking landscape, both during an event and nonevent times. This includes but is not limited to replenishing supplies, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal and sorting, vacuuming, washing, waxing, lawn work, snow and ice removal. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the general building and ground in a safe and clean manner.
- Perform cleaning and janitorial tasks as required or assigned.
- Empty trash and wastebaskets.
- Transport trash and waste to proper disposal areas, and sort recycling as needed.
- Operate custodial equipment and other related equipment as required.
- Report all damaged equipment to supervisor.
- Assist with event clean-up.
- Clean restrooms and replenish supplies.
- Assist with snow and ice removal.
- Assist with landscape maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, and patrons.
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Physical demands of prolonged repetitive motions normally associated with mopping, sweeping, buffing, dusting, and climbing.
- Ability to work inside or outside environments.
Training and Experience
- Experience in similar setting preferred
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.